Scholarships for Students
The Robert St. Pierre Award:
The Katherine Smit Scholarship:
The Duxbury Art Association Sustaining Artists Fund
In response to the crisis surrounding the current pandemic, the Duxbury Art Association is focused on using our resources to help support artists in our community who may be experiencing lost wages or financial hardship as a result of business and gallery closures, event and class cancelations, lost commissions, and other impacts of current social distancing measures.
Our first response is a fund of $5,000 which we will distribute as five (5) individual grants of $1000 each to qualified artists. The purpose of this fund is to help our member artists who have suffered financial losses due to these unprecedented circumstances.
We invite you to apply for this grant if you are a visual artist or teaching artist who works in any visual medium including acrylics, oils, watercolor, drawing & pastels, sculpture & fine craft, ceramics, mixed media, printmaking, and photography. Applicants are invited to submit one (1) application per qualified individual.
To be eligible, you must also meet ALL of the following requirements:
- You are a current member of the Duxbury Art Association
- You are 18 years or older
- You are a legal resident of the United States
- You have reported taxable income in your most recent tax return related to your earnings/work as a visual artist or teaching artist comprising 25% or more of your total income
- You can demonstrate at least $1000 of lost income related to canceled or disrupted exhibits, canceled classes, unreturned vendors fees from canceled events, lost sales and/or lost commissions, etc.
- Grants will be finalized by the Duxbury Art Association Board of Trustees, and recipients will be notified individually.
- Grants distributed to recipients are intended to help support an artist due to financial loss as described in their applications and are therefore not restricted to a specific use.
- A completed W-9 form will be required for a recipient to receive his/her grant. Please note: grants may be considered taxable income. Please consult an income tax professional if you have questions.
Future grant opportunities
Our first round of scholarships has been awarded. We will schedule another round of awards and we will provide an update on this effort as we have more information.
If you have questions regarding your eligibility for this program, or other questions for the Duxbury Art Association, please email us at email@example.com. Important note: Email is the best way to reach us at this time. Thank you!