Winter Juried Show 2020 Prospectus
Duxbury Art Association (DAA) is pleased to announce our 2020 Annual Winter Juried Show, known as one of the most prestigious juried competitions in the region. Submissions will be accepted online. Our aim is to challenge the caliber and diversity of art submitted, and to further achieve this we are honored to have an incredible panel of judges this year.
- Oil and Acrylic
- Drawing & Pastel
- Photography (including altered digital photography)
- Other (mixed media and printmaking)
- Julia Courtney
- Jerry Beck
- Crystal Duell
- Entry is open to all artists. DAA membership is not required.
- Work must be original, completed within the last five years and not previously exhibited in any DAA show.
- All work must be properly framed or gallery wrapped (no clip-on frames or saw tooth hooks) to be included in the exhibit.
- No wet paint.
- Size: All work must fit into a standard elevator
- Sculpture: Please do not submit it with a pedestal. The ACM will provide appropriate pedestals.
- Work: Work must be clearly represented and will be disqualified if it is deemed incomplete, improperly framed or does not meet the judges expectations based on images sent.
- Entries are only being accepted online.
- The submission process will open on November 26, 2019 and will close at 11:59pm on January 6, 2020.
- All entries must be submitted through Entrythingy, our online submission program. Please go to the https://www.entrythingy.com/d=duxburyart.org#dashboard to begin the digital process. Upon completion and payment via Paypal, your entry will be automatically submitted.
- If you need help using EntryThingy, go to http://mgne.org/entrythingy-helpfor additional information.
Assistance with Online Entry Submissions
If you need assistance photographing your work and creating an account, we will be offering help in the DAA studio at The Ellison Center for the Arts, 64 St. George St., Duxbury, MA. Please email email@example.com to make an appointment.
- JPEG/JPG only.
- High quality, high resolution photos are very important to assist the judges when jurying.
- Please name your file this way: title of work, entry#.jpeg (Example: Winter_3jpg).
# of Entries Members Non-Members
1 $20 $40
2 $30 $55
3 $40 $70
Subsequent entries beyond 3 are $10 per Member and $15 per Non-Member per additional entry
Please visit our website to update your membership https://www.duxburyart.org/membership
Our membership year runs from July 1-June 30. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check your membership status.
Emails will be sent to the email address provided on January 12, 2020. Artists will also be listed on our website.
- January 6, 2020 at 11:59pm -Online registration ends
- January 22nd- All artwork must be at the Museum or the accepted piece will be disqualified from the show.
Delivery of Accepted Art
- Walk-in: Art must be dropped off at the Art Complex Museum January 20th, 2020 1pm-4pm. The address is:
189 Alden St
Duxbury, MA 02332
- Shipments: Art shipments may arrive at the Museum January 16th-22nd. All work MUST be at the Museum by January 22rd. Work not submitted by this time will be disqualified from the show.
- Please label all artwork with your name, price, title, and contact information.
- Artists must include a pre-paid return label from Fed Ex or UPS with your shipment. We cannot deliver to the US Postal Office. We cannot accept work with packing peanuts. Please submit your work in a sturdy box that can be reused for returning art.
- Send art to:
Art Complex Museum
189 Alden Street
Duxbury, MA 02332
We reserve the right to disqualify work that is damaged, incomplete, not framed properly, or that upon inspection does not meet the standards of the jury based upon photos provided.
Insurance and Liability
Every reasonable precaution will be taken to ensure protection and careful handling of work. The DAA and affiliates are not responsible for the loss or damage of works. Artists should provide their own insurance coverage for shipping. Art Complex Museum insures all work for the duration of the show. Artists may be asked to ascertain current market value of art accepted.
The (free admission) opening reception will be held Sunday February 2nd from 1:00-3:30 with a private preview party for artists and sponsors preceding.
Awards ceremony at 1:30 pm.
- Award certificates, ribbons and prizes will be given at the Reception. People’s Choice Award will be determined during the reception via ballot votes.
- Best in Show: $750
- 1stPlace $225
- 2nd Place $100
- 3rd Place $50
- Each Category awarded a 1st, 2ndand 3 Honorable mentions may also be awarded at Judges’ discretion
- Must have 5 or more entries in a category for prizes to be awarded
- People’s Choice Award: $200
Additional Benefits of Participation
- Exhibition at Art Complex Museum
- Opportunity to be critiqued and recognized by our jury
- No Gallery Representation required to participate
- Website presence and social media exposure
- Installation of art and labels provided
- PR opportunities may arise; including talking to an audience about your process
- People’s Choice Award voted for by peers and patrons
- Best in Show will have an image of their artwork on the DAA homepage for an entire year
- Commission: Members 25% / Non-Members 40%
- All sold art must remain in the show for the duration of the exhibit.
Pick up of work
- In person: April 19th 2020 from 1pm-4pm at the Art Complex Museum. Please bring your ID or send a signed note with permission for a 2nd party to pick up your work.
- Shipped Art: Artwork with a paid self-addressed UPS or FedEX label will be returned within 2 weeks of the end of the show. Art will be sent back in the box it was received.
DAA reserves the right to reproduce accepted works on our website and/or promotion materials. Submissions into our exhibition indicate acceptance of these conditions.
Calendar of Important Dates
11/26: Submissions Open Online via EntryThingy.com
1/6: End online Submissions
1/12 : Emails sent regarding status of entry
1/16: ACM starts accepting mailed art
1/20: Drop off in person at ACM 1pm-4pm
1/22: Deadline for all shipped artwork to be at the Museum
1/29: Final Judging (Awards judged)
2/2: Show Opens
2/2: Private Preview Party and Opening Reception. The (free admission) opening reception will be held Sunday February 2nd from 1:00-3:30 with a private preview party for artists and sponsors preceding.
Awards ceremony at 1:30 pm.
3/26-3/29-Blooms at the Museum
4/18: Show Closes
4/19: Art pick-up 1-4pm
Any art not picked up on 4/19/20 will be transported to the DAA office at The Ellison Center for the Arts, 64 St. George St, Duxbury, MA and will incur a $10/day storage fee. Any artworks not retrieved by 5/30/20 will be considered the property of the Duxbury Art Association.
- Email: email@example.com
- General DAA membership questions and other information: firstname.lastname@example.org