***Artists: Print this form (DAA Loan Agreement) and submit with artwork drop off or delivery***
We are excited to announce our WJS opening cocktail and awards reception will be held at the Art Complex Museum on Saturday, February 2, 2019. 6:30-9:00pm, purchase tickets here. We invite you to support the DAA by becoming a sponsor for this fabulous kick-off celebration. Please click here to learn more about the sponsorship levels. Your generous contribution will support us in our effort to produce what has become our most highly anticipated event of the year. Donations received by January 24, 2019 will be acknowledged in the show program, which will be distributed to all guests attending the show during its full 10-week run.
Winter Juried Show 2019 Prospectus
Duxbury Art Association (DAA) is pleased to announce our 2019 Annual Winter Juried Show, known as one of the most prestigious juried competitions in the region. Submissions will be accepted online. Our aim is to challenge the caliber and diversity of art submitted, and to further achieve this we are honored to have an incredible panel of judges this year.
- Oil and Acrylic
- Drawing & Pastel
- Photography (including altered digital photography)
- Other (mixed media and printmaking)
- Christina Godfrey http://www.sunnesavage.com/
- Candice Smith Corby www.candicesmithcorby.com; www.thebottega.it; https://www.instagram.com/candicesmithcorby/
- Additional judges to be announced…
- Entry is open to all artists. DAA membership is not required.
- Work must be original, completed within the last five years and not previously exhibited in any DAA show.
- All work must be properly framed or gallery wrapped (no clip-on frames or saw tooth hooks) to be included in the exhibit.
- No wet paint.
- Size: All work must fit into a standard elevator
- Sculpture: Please do not submit it with a pedestal. The ACM will provide appropriate pedestals.
- Work: Work must be clearly represented and will be disqualified if it is deemed incomplete, improperly framed or does not meet the judges expectations based on images sent.
- Entries are only being accepted online.
- The submission process will open on November 19, 2018 and will close at 11:59pm on January 1, 2019
- All entries must be submitted through Entrythingy, our online submission program. Please go to the Entry Form to begin the digital process. Upon completion and payment via paypal, your entry will be automatically submitted. If you need help using EntryThingy, go to http://mgne.org/entrythingy-help for additional information.
Assistance with Online Entry Submissions
If you need assistance photographing your work and creating an account, we will be offering help in the DAA studio at The Ellison Center for the Arts, 64 St. George St., Duxbury, MA. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
- JPEG/JPG only.
- High quality, high resolution photos are very important to assist the judges when jurying.
- Please name your file this way: title of work, entry#.jpeg (Example: Winter_3jpg).
# of Entries Members Non-Members
1 $20 $40
2 $30 $55
3 $40 $70
Subsequent entries beyond 3 are $10 per Member and $15 per Non-Member per additional entry
Memberships for seniors/students start at $30.
For full list of Membership options please visit https://www.duxburyart.org/membership
Emails will be sent to the email address provided on January 12, 2019. Artists will also be listed on our website.
- January 1st, 2019-11:59pm -Online registration ends
- January 23rd- All artwork must be at the Museum or the accepted piece will be disqualified from the show.
Delivery of Accepted Art
- Walk-in: Art may be dropped off at the Art Complex Museum January 20th 1pm-4pm. The address is:
189 Alden St
Duxbury, MA 02332
- Shipments: Art shipments may arrive at the Museum January 16th-22nd. All work MUST be at the Museum by January 23rd. Work not submitted by this time will be disqualified from the show.
- Please label all artwork with your name, price, title, and contact information.
- Artists must include a pre-paid return label from Fed Ex or UPS with your shipment. We cannot deliver to the US Postal Office. We cannot accept work with packing peanuts. Please submit your work in a sturdy box that can be reused for returning art.
- Send art to:
Art Complex Museum
189 Alden Street
Duxbury, MA 02332
We reserve the right to disqualify work that is damaged, incomplete, not framed properly, or that upon inspection does not meet the standards of the jury based upon photos provided.
Insurance and Liability
Every reasonable precaution will be taken to ensure protection and careful handling of work. The DAA and affiliates are not responsible for the loss or damage of works. Artists should provide their own insurance coverage for shipping. Art Complex Museum insures all work for the duration of the show. Artists may be asked to ascertain current market value of art accepted.
- Each accepted artist will receive one (1) complimentary ticket to the Open Reception held February 2, 2019 6:30-9:00pm
- Additional tickets will be available on our website starting Dec 1st. Tickets may also be purchased at the door.
- Award certificates, ribbons and prizes will be given at the Reception. People’s Choice Award will be determined during the reception via ballot votes.
- Best in Show: $750
- 1st Place $225
- 2nd Place $100
- 3rd Place $50
- Each Category awarded a 1st, 2nd and 3rd Honorable mentions may also be awarded at Judges’ discretion
- Must have 5 or more entries in a category for prizes to be awarded
- People’s Choice Award: $200
Additional Benefits of Participation
- Exhibition at Art Complex Museum artcomplex.org
- Opportunity to be critiqued and recognized by our jury
- No Gallery Representation required to participate
- Website presence and social media exposure
- Installation of art and labels provided
- PR opportunities may arise; including talking to an audience about your process
- People’s Choice Award voted for by peers and patrons
- Best in Show will have an image of their artwork on the DAA homepage for an entire year
- Commission: Members 25% / Non-Members 40%
- All sold art must remain in the show for the duration of the exhibit.
Pick up of work
- In person: April 14th 2019 from 1pm-4pm at the Art Complex Museum. Please bring your ID or send a signed note with permission for a 2nd party to pick up your work.
- Shipped Art: Artwork with a paid self-addressed UPS or FedEX label will be returned within 2 weeks of the end of the show. Art will be sent back in the box it was received.
DAA reserves the right to reproduce accepted works on our website and/or promotion materials. Submissions into our exhibition indicate acceptance of these conditions.
Calendar of Important Dates
11/19: Submissions Online via EntryThingy.com
1/1: End online Submissions
1/11 : Emails sent regarding status of entry
1/16: ACM starts accepting mailed art
1/20: Drop off in person at ACM 1pm-4pm
1/22: Deadline for all artwork to be at the Museum
1/28: Final Judging (Awards judged)
2/2: Opening Reception
2/3: Show Open to the Public
4/13: Show Closes/Art Pick Up at Museum
4/14: Art pick-up 1-4pm
Any art not picked up on 4/14/19 will be transported to the DAA office at The Ellison Center for the Arts, 64 St. George St, Duxbury, MA and will incur a $10/day storage fee. Any artworks not retrieved by 5/30/19 will be considered the property of the Duxbury Art Association.
- Email: email@example.com
- General DAA membership questions and other information: firstname.lastname@example.org