News from the DAA
June 2017 News From the DAA
Dear Friends of the DAA,
It’s time to renew your membership! And this year, in conjunction with our centennial celebration, we’ve added new sponsorship levels which include membership and all the benefits that go with it! As always, our membership is of vital importance in supporting our daily operations and enabling us to achieve the goals and mission of the Duxbury Art Association.
Founded by an esteemed group of artists in 1917, the DAA is one of the oldest art associations in the country. Our goal this year is to celebrate the 100th anniversary of our distinguished and historic organization, and to raise the funds necessary to help ensure the continued success of the DAA for years to come.
To celebrate, we’ve planned an exciting portfolio of centennial events, and we cordially invite you to join us for all the fun! By contributing to the DAA this year, your donation will directly support the numerous events we have planned, including:
- Our June 8th kick-off event and stroll in Snug Harbor featuring oysters, birthday treats, wine tasting, a Plein Air painting demo, raffle, and more!
- Our First ever Founders’ Fishing Derby which runs from June through October
- Our 100th Anniversary Fourth of July parade float and kids’ activities
- Late Summer Art By The Bay Member Show
- Our annual Craft Show and Sale
- Plus many other 100th Anniversary events and exhibits coming throughout the year.
As we have recently returned to a 100% volunteer-operated organization, the support of our members is more important than ever. Our membership year runs from June 1st through May 31st, so it’s time to renew! Please look over our membership levels and benefits and consider joining us as a member or a centennial sponsor.
We thank you for your continued support as we celebrate our historic past, and look ahead to an exciting future.
The Duxbury Art Association Board of Trustees