DAA Founder’s Cup Fishing Derby 2017
In memory of fisherman and founders Frank Benson, John Singer Sargent and Charles Bittinger
Rules and Information:
Striped Bass and Bluefish
Fly fishing and Lure/Bait
Catch and Release Format
- Circle hooks are recommended.
- All fish caught must be measured using the DAA Founder’s Cup measuring stick with a picture.
- Pictures must be clear and include the entire fish on a flat surface with the stick visible on top of fish from the tip of the snout to the tip of the tail. Email to email@example.com.
- Indicate category on the submission of the photo: fly or lure/bait.
- The camera should have a time stamp with correct time and date.
- Boundaries - Green Harbor to Manomet
- Entrants may fish from private boats, as clients on charter boats, or with guides.
- All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard Requirements and are the sole responsibility of the boat owner.
Junior (18 and under) and Adult
Monthly Challenge (sunset, sunrise)
June 15-July 15th
July 15-August 15th
August 15-Sept 15th
Sept 15-Oct 15th
Monthly: 1st place winners
Season: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd awarded
(details will be posted on duxburyart.org)
All prizes will be awarded at our Closing Reception, October 30, 2017, 6:00-7:30pm at the Ellison Center of the Arts, Duxbury
Junior: $10 monthly/$30 season
Adult: $40 monthly/$100 season