10 x10 "All Around Town"
Due to sustained interest we are extending our deadline to August 10th for submissions for the DAA's 100th Anniversary centennial exhibition. We hope you will consider donating art in a 10"x10" unframed, mounted format, which will then become part of a larger panel exhibit. The exhibit will be moved around town and select pieces will be published in a centennial coffee table book. Others will be auctioned to raise money for the DAA and our community programs. Artwork will be collected until August 10th outside the Duxbury Art Association office during Ellison Center business hours: M-F 8:30am-8:00pm and Sat. 9am-2pm. We will have a collection spot with registration forms available. Also, our Art2 Exhibit will be open to the public in our gallery at the Ellison Center!
- June 8th 5-9 pm: Kick Off Event Snug Harbor Stroll with wine tasting, birthday treats. Plein air painting demo, photo drawing and registration tables for upcoming events
- June 9th 4-7pm and June 10th 10am-12pm: 10 x10 “All Around Town” artist panel submission at the Ellison Center for the Arts
- June 15th 6:30am:DAA Founder’s Cup Fishing Tournament in memory of Frank Benson, John Singer Sargent and Charles Bittenger
- June 22nd 5-9pm: Free drop in class to create 10x10
- July 4th 12-4pm: Fourth of July Parade float designed to celebrate America’s landmarks
- July 5-7th 10am-12pm:Children’s Art Camp at the Art Complex Museum’s Alden Studio Gallery with reception to follow July 15th 3-5pm
- July 6th 6-9pm: Hand carved popper plug workshop to create a fishing plug with Hingham Wood Carvers
- July 23rd 10:30am-1pm: Join us at SSC's Family Fest to enjoy the ImagineARTS band, interactive fun, food, and visit DAA's art tent to customize your own instruments and view our special 10x10 exhibit celebrating DAA's 100 years! Visit duxburymusicfestival.org to buy tickets.
- July 26th 7:30-9:30pm: Reception and book signing with Faith Andrews Bedford, granddaughter of Frank Benson for insights into his work
- Aug. 5th 7:30-9:30pm:Fish print workshop for adults to create cool fish prints on rice paper at the Ellison Center for the Arts
- Aug. 10th 7:30-9:30pm:Fascinator workshop at the Ellison Center for the Arts for upcoming croquet tournament
- Aug. 12th 3-7pm: 7thAnnual Croquet Tournament at the King Caesar House with an art exhibit and wet paint demonstration to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the DAA
- Sept. 1st 10-4pm: Art Show Opens at DBMS
- Sept. 1st 6-9pm:Art by the Bay Member Show Cocktail Party at the Duxbury Bay Maritime School
- Sept. 2nd 10am-1pm: Free Family Art Fest at the Duxbury Bay Maritime School.
- Sept. 2nd 12pm: Children's Best in Show Award presented by Stifel
- Sept. 10th 2-4pm: Fall open House with demonstrations, class registrations and refreshments
- October (TBD): Art & Architecture Tour at the Boston Public Library
- Oct. 9th: Christopher Columbus Photo Scavenger hunt
- Nov. 18th 9am-5pm and 19th 9am-3pm:Annual Craft Showcase at the Duxbury High School
- Feb. 4 –April 22: Founder’s Winter Juried Show at the Art Complex Museum to include a collection of Benson, Bettinger and Sargent works
- Feb. 3: Winter Juried Show Centennial Celebration and Opening Reception
- April 22: Winter Juried Show closing reception
Calling All Volunteers!
The DAA needs volunteers to help us usher in our next 100 years!! This summer we will be celebrating the 100th anniversary of our founding, we have many events planned and need help in the following areas: gallery management, office hours, open studio monitoring, events and shows and we welcome your talents! For more information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sign up here!