The Duxbury Art Association features art exhibitions in the Lillian & Ture Bengtz gallery on the first floor and the Bobbie Cutler gallery on the second floor of the Ellison Center for the Arts. We schedule 8 different shows per calendar year that explore a wide variety of themes and mediums. Our exhibition registration is open to all artists with the one exception of our Midsummer Art show, which is the annual Duxbury Art Association member show held in late July.
Winter Juried Show 2013
Click here for details
Save the Date: Closing Party- Saturday, April 27
New Gallery Exhibition!
The Duxbury Art Association is calling all artists to submit two-dimensional artwork in any media for an upcoming exhibition entitled: GREEN
To be considered for the exhibition, original artwork containing an image representing your interpretation of the theme: GREEN
[green] Show IPA adjective, green·er, green·est, noun, verb
1. of the color of growing foliage, between yellow and blue in the spectrum: green leaves.
2. covered with herbage or foliage; verdant: green fields.
3. made of green vegetables, as lettuce, spinach, endive, or chicory: a green salad.
4. having a sickly appearance; pale; wan: green with fear; green with envy.
5. full of life and vigor; young: a man ripe in years but green in heart.
6. environmentally sound or beneficial: green computers.
7. Noun: in golf, an area of closely cropped grass surrounding the hole: putting green
Please hand-deliver work to the Duxbury Art Association Office. Entry is open to all artists. DAA membership is not required. Work must have been completed within the last five years and not previously exhibited in a DAA Show. A registration form must be submitted at time of artwork delivery. All artwork must be delivered properly, securely framed. No clip-on frames or saw-tooth hangers, please. All works must be ready to hang including a wire - no exceptions, please.
During DAA's Office Hours:
Tuesdays – Thursdays
From 10am – 4pm
Beginning February 27 – March 21